Drupal is the world’s most widely used enterprise CMS. It powers digital platforms for companies like the NFL, Johnson and Johnson, Whole Foods and Princess Cruise and University’s like Harvard, Butler and Georgia Tech. With the release of Drupal 8 in November of 2015, Drupal has leapt to the forefront of open source CMS innovation. This session explore Drupal 8 using real world examples from an Atlanta based early adopter Manhattan Associates.
We will seek to answer the following questions:
- What do the changes in Drupal 8 mean for companies looking to upgrade their CMS now?
- How do innovations in Drupal’s architecture and core systems help companies compete now and in the future?
- What are the real benefits and costs of day to day usage of enterprise Drupal 8?
In early 2015 Mediacurrent and Manhattan Associates launched one of the world’s first enterprise Drupal 8 websites (www.manh.com). As an early adopter of Drupal 8, we worked almost exclusively with Drupal core and gained valuable insight into how we can use core to deliver a fully featured CMS experience.
One year later, Drupal 8 has a stable release and the contrib community is delivering more functionality with new or updated contributed modules to leverage and improve on Drupal 8. In this talk we will take a deep dive into the strengths and weaknesses of actual day to day ownership of Drupal 8 *right now*. We will also examine how Manhattan Associates and Mediacurrent worked together to incorporate the latest Drupal contribute advances, and mitigate issues inherent with being an early adopter.
- History of Drupal and overview of Drupal 8.
- Day to Day usage of Drupal 8 by site builders and content editors.
- Editorial and Page Building Tools
- Internationalization capabilities.
- Marketing Automation and webservices Drupal 8
- Realistic Cost of Ownership for early adopters.
- Lessons Learned
Who should attend:
- Non Technical decision makers who are trying to understand what the real life working benefits and challenges are in Drupal 8.
- Developers, Architects and Site Builders looking to understand how first generation Drupal 8 websites are being built and maintained.
- Anyone who is curious about how Drupal 8 can help them to build a future proof digital platform for their company.