We’re working hard to make Great Wide Open 2016 the very best it can be. We’ve taken great time and expense to confirm some of the best speakers in the U.S. as well as secure what we feel is a world-class location – all for a very affordable cost. We sincerely hope you can join us for the tremendous educational and networking opportunities.
Day One – Wednesday, March 16 (registration limit – 500–700)
Location: Georgia Tech Conference Center, in the heart of Technology Square, downtown Atlanta.
Address: 800 Spring Street NW, Atlanta, GA 30308
Day One will feature 4 keynotes and 40-45 minute sessions on 11 tracks covering the most important topics and technologies in the ‘open’ space. The purpose is to provide an opportunity to learn a little about a lot. Attendees can gain knowledge about a variety of topics on just one track if a more limited focus is preferred, or attendees can ‘jump’ tracks and attend sessions on multiple tracks.
The tracks featured will include:
- Front-End Developer
- Back-End Developer
- Front-Back Dev General
- Big Data
*Please note two important things:
- The price of a ticket includes morning and afternoon snacks and drink service as well as lunch.
- The price of a ticket includes access to the evening social schedule to start once programming ends on the evening of the 16th, which is made possible by Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
- Four keynote talks from true industry leaders
- 40-45 minute sessions on 10 tracks
- A world-class host location – the Georgia Tech Conference Center
- Morning and afternoon snacks + drink service
- Evening social – quality networking time
Day Two – Thursday, March 17 (registration limit – 350)
Location: The Garage – the brand new startup center on the Georgia Tech campus + other locations around downtown
Hub Location (for registration, morning welcome, Lightning Talks, lunch and closing remarks) will be The Garage at 848 Spring Street NW, Suite G, Atlanta, GA 30308.
Workshop/extended session locations (all are located in the immediate area, within easy walking distance):
- Main Stage at The Garage – Developer track sessions
- TSRB Auditorium (on campus, next to The Garage) – Architecture + Testing
- TSRB classroom (on campus, next to The Garage) – Big Data
- Georgia Tech Conference Center classroom (first floor in Conference Center) – Design + Front-End session
- Tech Square Labs (859 Spring St. NW) – Developer/Cloud
- Academy of Medicine (875 West Peachtree Street) – DevOps
Day Two will start at 8:45 am at The Garage with a short welcome and overview of the day for 10 minutes. The morning round of 6 extended workshops will immediately follow beginning at 9:00 and will last until 11:00. *Note these extended sessions will take place at various locations around The Garage.
Six to eight world-class Lightning talks will follow hosted by Opensource.com. Lunch will follow and will feature a food truck rodeo until 1:30.
Six world-class extended workshops will round out programming for the day beginning at 1:15 and will go until 4:00 pm. *Please note these extended sessions will take place at various locations around The Garage.
At 4:05, we’ll close things out on the main stage with a few giveaways and thanks you’s. We’ll wrap things up with an off-the-charts made possible by Hewlett Packard Enterprise!
*Please note Day Two includes access to all workshops all day, afternoon Lightning Talks, food truck rodeo lunch, and the awesome social beginning at 4:15. Hard to beat world-class content and networking, in a brand new state-of-the-art facility in the heart of Technology Square is a great way to spend a day!
- Your choosing of 12 extended workshops on some of the most important topics in open source and ‘open’ technology
- World-class Lightning Talks by some of the top open experts in the country
- Lunch at an awesome food truck rodeo made special just for the conference
- An evening social immediately following programming, made possible by Hewlett Packard Enterprise